Harassment of any kind is not tolerated at any Shikkaricon event. The safety and and well-being of our attendees, guests, and staff is our main priority at Shikkaricon. Harassment policies apply both in person at the event and online on any Shikkaricon social media platform.
- Harassment is defined by the victim and can include (but is not limited to):
- Intentionally making another uncomfortable
- Physical or verbal assault
- Including threats or offensive jokes, even ones you may believe to be harmless
- Intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attention of any kind
- Including non-consensual touching such as hugging
- Non-consensual flirtation or sexual advances
- Non-consensual photography or recording (with or without the person’s knowledge)
- Bullying or discrimination of any kind
- Bathroom policing (The act of harassing someone for using the bathroom of the gender they identify with)
- Shikkaricon does not discriminate against gender identity. All persons attending the event can use the restroom of the gender they identify with, without harassment.
If you feel that you are being harassed by anyone (including attendees, staff, guests, press, venue personnel, etc.) we encourage you to report it as soon as possible to a member of our security staff. This way we can immediately deal with the problem to help you and to help prevent any future incidents by the harasser.
- If you are not comfortable speaking to a member of our security staff, please contact Nico (Con Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org or come find him at the event (he will be wearing something to identify himself as con chair).
- You can also email a report to email@example.com
Consequences of Harassment
Consequences will be determined at the discretion of the Shikkaricon security department head and/or the con chair and can include (in no specific order):
- Singularly issued verbal warning
- Immediate ejection from the event and badge revocation with no refund
- Barring from all future Shikkaricon events
- Law enforcement authorities notified where appropriate